Helping The Families of Children Who Wet The Bed
For convenience, please order the CD in your own currency:
Remember, you do not need a PayPal account to pay through PayPal.
Hear a 1 minute MP3 sample
Now available as an MP3 download. Click the order button below:
Does Your Child Need Help With Bedwetting?
This CD provides much needed support & positive reinforcement.
Anyone who has a child that wets the bed knows only too well what embarrassment, shame and a blow to confidence is experienced by the child, and the torment that can follow if anyone else finds out, especially at school or in the playground.|
Despite the fact that bedwetting (Nocturnal Enuresis) is a common problem among school age children, often causing deep anxiety for the child as well as the parents, there is something you can do to help them!
Because no one dares admit it, or talk about it, the subject never comes up, unless someone is making a joke of it, and so children often feel they can't disclose it to anyone, even those close to them, for fear of ridicule.
The end of bedwetting, to conquer it fully, is a wonderful release for any child, freeing them up to do the things they never thought they'd be able to take part in. Fun things like, sleepovers at friends houses, or, school education hostels become a pleasure to accept. Cub camp, scout camp, brownies or guides camp can be enjoyed to the fullest as children start to feel 'normal' again.
Children begin to sleep more peacefully, meaning that they are more awake at school and their grades tend to improve.
What is Nocturnal Enuresis and how common is it?
You probably do not have the Flash Player installed for your browser!
To learn how this bedwetting CD can help your son or daughter succeed please watch the video on the left.
Bedwetting can be a real worry, but it's actually a very common problem and treatment is available.
This short video gives a little more information about bedwetting and its effects.
Bed-wetting can lead to behavior problems because of the guilt and embarrassment a child feels.
But your child shouldn't be made to feel guilty about something that appears to be out of their control.
This CD will gently encourage your son or daughter to change their bedwetting habits and to feel really good about their achievements.
Nocturnal Enuresis is nighttime bedwetting; the inability to control the bladder discharging urine during sleep. Some children also suffer with uncontrolled daytime wetting, but this CD is specifically designed to help nighttime bedwetters.
Childhood bedwetting occurs in many, many families. Most children achieve nighttime dryness by the age of 5, but about 20% of children (1 in 5), continue to wet the bed. This trend continues in around 5% of 10 year olds and 2% of 15 year olds.
Being a bedwetter can trash your self-esteem and make your childhood pants! Ask any persistent bedwetter what is the one thing they want more than anything in the world, and almost all of them will give you the same answer; to be free of it once and for all.
The psychological effects to a chronic bedwetter have been shown to be many and varied. Shame, thinking they're acting like a baby, destroyed self confidence, low self-esteem, perceiving themselves as having reduced competence in school and sports, having to remain secretive, feeling like they are less physically attractive, imagining that they constantly smell, less socially acceptable and feelings of inadequacy, are all often felt as reasons for the bedwetting as well as the result of the bedwetting.
Acting in a way that reinforces these thoughts increases a childs vulnerability, which can result in bullying or taunting. This will make the bedwetting problems worse, as it is seen as related to the reason for the bullying. The result is increased isolation from their peers, putting them at increased risk of bullying and teasing. A vicious circle.
Nobody would willingly put their child in a situation like this, would they? I think that as parents, we do it without realizing. We don't see it as a big problem, and treat it as normal, without understanding the impact is is having on our children. But with a little thought, and looking at it from the childs point of view, it's easy to see how something as small as bedwetting can get out of control and escalate to a big problem, without any of us realizing what they are going through.
Helping your child overcome their bedwetting problem has got to be one of the most beneficial things you can do to increase their happiness and confidence long term. Order the CD today!
What can I do to help my child with this bedwetting problem?
Many bedwetters have been helped to dryness through the use of this CD from the Distant Healer Home Therapist Series. Order your copy now, see what it can do to help your child.
- Reassure your child that this is normal at this age and not his/her fault.
- Avoid letting your child drink large amounts of fluid two hours before bedtime (make sure they drink plenty earlier in the day).
- Don't punish or blame your child for wetting the bed and make sure that other family members do not tease them about it.
- If you were a bedwetter, don't keep this a secret. Explain to your child that it often runs in families. This will help to reduce their own anxiety and show them that there is nothing wrong with him/her.
- If you think the bedwetting is stress-related; if there are big changes in family life for example, try to help reduce this anxiety before you start on a new regime.
- Use a mattress protector under the sheets which will prevent a build up of strong smells in the bed.
- Understand that your child is not doing it on purpose. It is not their fault.
- Let your child help change the wet sheets and pillowcases. Do this in a matter-of-fact way, so that they don't think this is punishment.
- Practicing bladder-stretching exercises during the day (holding the 'pee' in for as long as possible), will encourage the bladder to stretch and hold more urine at night.
- Some people use buzzers or alarms at night, which are triggered by moisture. These wake the child who can get up and go to the loo. The aim is to ‘re-programme’ the brain to wake up when they have the urge. What usually happens is; the rest of the family are wide awake whilst the child sleeps through the alarm and still wets the bed. At least you're all awake to help change the sheets, again.
- Be patient. This is frustrating for your child as well as you, but will usually resolve itself as your child gets older.
- Be supportive. Reassure and encourage your child often. Do not make an issue of the bedwetting each time it occurs.
- Talk to your family doctor if your child is also wetting unexpectedly during the day, complains of burning during urination, is losing weight or has blood in his urine.
- Try to remember one thing:- Your child is finding it much more difficult than you are!
How to Order Your CD Online
The CD costs £12, postage paid, worldwide. That's the price of 1 UK prescription + postage. Remember, you can use this CD as often as you need too without incurring any additional charges. Once your child is dry at night, you are welcome, and encouraged to pass the CD on to someone else, so that they may also benefit from its regular use.
How to Order Your CD by Post
Alternatively, send your UK cheque (made payable to "Philip Chave") or cash payment, to:
Mr P Chave, The Haven Healing Centre, Street End Lane, Blagdon, Bristol BS40 7TW.
If you do send cash, please wrap it up in a padded envelope in several layers of paper so that it is not viewable through the envelope. I will not be responsible for cash lost in the post, but it shouldn't be a problem if you take sensible precautions to conceal it.
Why are my CD's different?
A worthy point to note:- Even though copyright law covers these types of products; the start of my CD's DO NOT verbally threaten your child (or you) with legal action for copyright infringement, even before they start listening. Many other commercial CD's do. How can anyone relax after that? A child, or an adult?
In addition, because it is clear that young people are, well, young, I use young language, fun language. This tells you the CD is specifically designed for your child, and not, as you often find, the adult version, not very cunningly disguised as a child version, with wholly inappropriate language and phrases.
NEW! Now available as an instant MP3 download, available 24/7.
Testimonials - Here's What People Have Said
- Dear Phil, Thank you, thank you, thank you for producing this CD. My son has not had a single dry night for over 2 years since sleeping in his own bed (he uses night pants). I have played the CD for the fourth night in a row, and we have had our first dry night. I've got no idea how it works but I can't thank you enough. Bless you. Sandra H (name withheld for privacy) Sandra H. - Great Yarmouth, Norfolk, UK.
- Note from Phil: A great result Sandra. Thanks for letting me tell the world.
- Hi Phil, I have 3 children who share a room and 2 of them are regular bed wetters. They all sleep better and earlier when your CD is played! Two of them are now dry and the other one is intermittent, but getting there. So a great result! Thanks very much. Mandy B (name withheld for the privacy of the children) Mandy B. - Douglas, Isle of Man, UK
- Dear Haven Healing Centre, just wanted to thank you for the disc (The Bedwetting CD) and to say that it's working well. Doreen Putman, London.
- Hello Mr Chave, my name is J***** and I am 10. About 6 months ago my mum bought your CD because I keep wetting the bed. I think your CD works because I have not wet the bed for nearly 6 months, except once when I was very tired. Mum wanted me to say thank you. So, thank you very much. Love J*****.
- Note from Phil: That's great J*****. You are very welcome, Let's hope you are past all that now. (This was from a message left on my phone answering machine, June 2008). J***** lives in Bristol.
- Dear Philip,
My daughter, E**** is six, and has had lots of problems with waterworks over the years, with wetting at night and the day. She has been referred to the hospital and put on long term courses of antibiotics and other drugs several times.
This appeared to be working, and we thought she had overcome the worst of it. But last May I was diagnosed with breast cancer and throughout my treatment, E**** became quite distressed (especially while I was undergoing Chemo) and the wetting got worse again. She found it very embarrassing, especially at school and even stopped drinking to try and stop it from happening.
Then my Dad bought your CD for her several months ago, when he came to you for treatment on his back. I think we were all a little sceptical as there are people at every turn offering so called ‘miracle cures’ for this and that, but I have to say your CD is really brilliant.
Not only did she find it relaxing at bedtime but she stopped wetting the bed virtually straight away. We had one night in the first week when she started to wet and immediately woke to go to the toilet and we only had to change pyjamas, not the whole bed. Then apart from one or two similar incidents she has been dry for about 6 months now, even though she’s not listening to the CD everynight anymore.
It has been such a wonderful aid, not only for treating the physical problem, but in boosting her confidence too. The past year has been an emotional roller-coaster for the whole family and this has been a very big help. Thank you so so much. Catherine M Catherine M. - from the UK.
Please share this page with your friends. Thank you.
If you have any thoughts on this, please write to me at:
Philip Chave © 2006-
Note 1: Please Apply Caution: THIS CD CONTAINS A DEEPLY RELAXING MEDITATION TYPE ROUTINE. PLEASE DO NOT LISTEN TO THIS WHILST DRIVING OR AT ANY OTHER TIME WHEN YOU NEED TO BE ALERT, OR PAYING ATTENTION, OR OTHERWISE OUTWARDLY FOCUSED. THANK YOU. - Phil
Note 2: Whilst this CD has proved very effective for many people, you have to want what you wish to achieve with hypno-meditation, really, really want it. You have to be motivated and willing to work with it, not just pretending or hoping that hypno-meditation will do it for you. If you are motivated and believe you can do it, you will do it! The important thing is not to give up! Building up small, but measurable successes, helps the body to make permanent changes. I recommend persistent use of this CD as the best way to achieve a successful result in helping your child leave behind those embarassing moments of bedwetting. - Phil
Note 3: Please be aware that Healing, distant or otherwise, does not take the place of conventional medicine. Always consult a GP for an acute or infectious condition, and problems of an urgent nature. Continue with your prescribed medication. Healing is a complementary therapy that works effectively alongside orthodox/conventional healthcare, thus expanding your treatment options.
Note 4: Copyright Notice. All material produced by The Haven Healing Centre and the Distant Healer Home Therapist Series is protected by copyright law. You may make one backup copy of your CD or MP3 for your own personal use. You may not otherwise reproduce, distribute, publicly perform, publicly display, or create derivative works of this material, unless authorized by The Haven Healing Centre.
Want to help maintain the Distant Healing Service?
, or visit: Online Donations. Thank You.
Go Back One Page