Back One Page
Email a Friend
Pre & Post Surgery Anxiety Meditation
creator of Distant Healer
Hear a 1 minute MP3 sample
For convenience, please order the
CD in your own currency post paid:
Remember, you do not need a PayPal account to pay through PayPal
Now available as an MP3 download. Click the order button:
Worried About Going Into Hospital Soon?
Dreading the Thought of Surgery or a Scan?
Eliminate Surgery Anxiety or Stress to Help Cut Postoperative Pain, Reduce Nausea and Fatigue, and Promote Rapid Healing
Take the sting out of your hospital visit!
Order your CD or MP3 in the United Kingdom
|The Surgery Healing Meditation CD available now!|
CD Price: £12.00 inc. P&P to the UK
|MP3 Price: £10.00 with INSTANT DOWNLOAD! International MP3 orders also use this button|
Going into hospital? Order NOW for instant access!|
International CD orders: please use the buttons on the left to purchase the CD with your chosen currency. Thank you.
This CD will help provide a safe, relaxing and effective self help way of reducing preoperative anxiety for patients going through the trauma of surgery anywhere on the body. As no drugs are involved, there is zero toxicity, no adverse side effects or allergic reactions to put up with, and aside from the one time cost of purchase, no ongoing outlay, which means the system is very cost effective, and if used often will soon cost next to nothing per use.
Preoperative anxiety and postoperative uncertainty has been linked to the increased need to take painkillers, increased nausea, increased fatigue, longer spells in hospital and much slower healing rates than patients who were able to control these emotional responses.
For some patients, whose procedure is considered major or life saving, the loss of control and possible loss of independence can trigger a pre-surgery depression and a negative mind-set.
The general rule I would recommend to you is; Start using your CD/mp3 as early as you can and keep it up until you are well into the post-surgery healing phase.
Where does hospital anxiety come from?
There are several types of distress that patients are likely to experience before surgery. Often this occurs just before surgery, but also sometimes weeks before an operation is due, patients can build up high levels of anxiety, fear and dread.
Worry produces stress, tension, insomnia, anxiety and depression. These are the very things that flood the body with emotions that upset the internal chemistry, our inner terrain; negative extras we can well do without when undergoing surgery.
The following are the kinds of things that patients can experience preoperatively, which may trigger anxiety.
• The fact that this operation has now become a real life changing event and a necessity
• The realization that your future health and happiness, and maybe even your life, is in someone else's hands
• People handle stress differently and may develop irritability, anxiety, or childlike dependence
• The shock; not just of the diagnosis, but what it will take to create an effective cure
• Fear of strange places and unfamiliar surroundings
• Fear of anesthesia - (this one is very common)
• Fear of dying on the operating table
• Fear of waking up part way through the surgery; or not waking up
• Worries about family matters, job or financial difficulty
• Fear of pain
• Fear of the operation going badly or not working
• Fear of mistakes being made
• The thought of getting into a scanner →
• The noisy clunking and banging of the scanner →
• Loss of personal control making the patient feel very vulnerable
• Fear that our religious beliefs won't be taken into consideration
• Fear that nobody cares
• Unfamiliar situations causing fear or feelings of panic
• A strange bed and a change of routine
• Hospital smells and noises
• Post-operative nausea, vomiting and pain
• Inadvertent clerical errors can heighten fears about surgical complications, errors or staff competence
A short video message from Phil about the benefits
of doing The Pre-Op Meditation for yourself.
You probably do not have the Flash Player installed for your browser!
Many surveys show the impact of stress on our health. Stress is the emotional and physical response we feel when we cannot meet the demands of our job, our health or our family responsiblities. The first sign is usually a pounding heart and shortness of breath - triggered in the sympathetic nervous system.
Stress victims must adjust to the stress or resist it. The human body secretes stress hormones like adrenal cortical hormone as a protection. If the stress response continues for a long time or occurs by repeated triggering, the immune system collapses and the body becomes exhausted.
Sufferers can subsequently fall victim to specific organ diseases or a mental illness. Brain and cardiovascular disease such as heart attack and stroke can sometimes occur at this stage. Lose the bad stress and start living a good life!
Phil, how can your meditation CD help me?
• It is regularly stated by patients that anxiety experienced before a medical procedure is often more traumatic than the procedure itself.
Your pre-surgery CD is designed to bring your anxiety levels down BEFORE you go into hospital. It is very natural to be worried about your procedure and the possible outcomes, but both of these as yet are still unknowns, and so it makes sense to prepare your mind and body to help you as much as possible beforehand. Worry WILL NOT do that for you, but going into hospital with the right mindset, WILL HELP YOU trememdously!
• Research has shown that pre-operative anxiety is associated with many unwanted effects such more pain, more nausea, or the procedure requiring increased analgesic
• Studies have shown that reducing pre-operative anxiety can lead to a better and more thorough recovery
• Reducing anxiety in children is important to help prevent them from fearing future medical procedures
• Post surgical depression can result from worries about recovery percentages
• Post anaesthetic nausea, pain, fatigue and vomiting all respond well with pre-surgery relaxation and anxiety reduction
Your relaxing meditation CD covers all of these areas and is suitable for any age and any type of surgery.
• Patients that can visualize themselves coping calmly, confidently and appropriately pre-surgery, and can picture a time in the future when they have successfully recovered from the operation, recover much more quickly and show an increased survival rate
• Developing a positive mental attitude enables the patient to place a greater emphasis on healing the body
• By learning to do this simple relaxation procedure prior to going to hospital, the patient will find it easy to enter this state at will, such as while lying in the ward, entering the operating room or lying in the recovery room
This CD will provide a safe, relaxing and effective option for stress reduction, for anyone going through the trauma of surgery. The sooner you start listening to your CD prior to surgery, the more effective it is going to be.
What we see in our minds for long enough becomes our reality. Therefore, the power to change how we feel about a situation lies within us. This puts us very much in control of our own outcome and destiny.
Breaking News: Stress before chemotherapy could help cancer cells survive:
Read the latest research!|
As if having cancer isn't bad enough, new research shows that when under stress, before and during treatment, the body releases a protein that looks at the chemotherapy as a threat and sets out to protect the tumour from the effects of the chemo, reducing it's effectiveness and leaving the possibility of regrowth. The study shows that patients need to be relaxed and hopeful during their treatment, not worried and stressed.
Try this purpose made relaxation CD to help overcome the potential for a reduced effect of your chemotherapy or radiation treatment on those cancer cells. To find out more please read this study from the journal for Molecular Cancer Research, and then decide for yourself. If you're having chemo, you need to know about this!
I'm going into the scanner! Will your CD help me with this?
Yes indeed! Going into an MRI or CAT scanner is nothing like someone cutting you open to perform surgery. But one thing is clear. Fear, anxiety, stress are fear, anxiety and stress. Whichever way you look at it, or feel it or sense it, the fear and stress is the same. Your mind doesn't care that they are different circumstances, it just knows that it is afraid, or that something strange, and therefore threatening, is about to happen.
Scanners, by their nature of having fast moving mechanical parts will make a loud noise. You will hear sounds like clunking, whirring, clonking or chopping, that will feel like they are getting closer and closer. You may feel a bit closed in or a bit claustrophobic. But that should be as bad as it gets. Still a lot of people freak out when they are inside, and it would be handy to have somewhere else to go mentally while you are inside the tube.
You will be allowed to take your own CD with you, or your mp3 player as the control station will have the means to play music through headphones that they will provide. Still, by listening to your Pre-Surgery Stress CD beforehand, you can enter that situation with little or no trepidation and be able to remain still for the required time.
Here are some of the times that you may be inside the scanner tube:
• Brain scan = approx. 15mins
• Whole spine scan = approx. 45-60mins
• Lumbar spine scan = 20-30mins
• Arm or leg scan = 15-30mins
• Torso scan = 15-30mins
Do you know anyone who needs to have surgery or a scan and are worried about having the procedure? Perhaps you might think about having a CD sent to them directly. If so, please place your order as normal with your details, and then email me seperately with the required delivery address. I would be my pleasure to send them the CD with the same love and kindness with which it was created. Thank you. Phil.
WHAT ABOUT MRSA? Will the CD help with the MRSA super bugs?|
The biggest question now being asked by hospital patients is NOT, 'Will I get through the surgery?', but, 'Will I catch the superbug MRSA?', or, some other equally unpleasant viral disease?
I'm not saying this CD will stop MRSA because I can't say that, I have no verifiable evidence that it has done so in the past. However, what is important to understand is that your frame of mind, your attitude and outlook, your immune system, the nutritional state of your cells, your hydration, your ability to use oxygen efficiently inside your body, all go together to determine whether you recover quickly and effectively, without complications from your surgery, or not.
By way of example; If someone sneezes on a crowded bus, there will be millions of germs floating around in the air, still, not everyone on that bus will catch a cold. But, if you are weak or suffering ill health, your immune system is already preoccupied and working hard, making you even more susceptible to greater degrees of ill health.
If you enter the hospital environment with the essentials functioning at a reduced level, most importantly, your immune system, then it stands to reason that you are at greater risk. Research shows that viruses monitor your stress hormone levels and then attack the body when it is at its weakest. For example, Herpes Simplex virus, the class of virus that produces cold sores, invades nerve cells. The virus lies dormant in a nerve cell, until you become stressed. The virus leaps into action and multiplies, causing acute infection. That's why you get a coldsore just when everything in your life is going wrong. How do viruses know when to turn on? Your stress hormone levels are like a switch, or trigger, to the virus.
The CD can't make you eat properly, or drink enough water, but it can put you in the right frame of mind, so that the other things are not affected by the stress you are undoubtedly under, giving you the very best chance of going through the ordeal without incident.
Stress has always been known to increase risk. That doesn't mean NO STRESS = NO RISK, not at all. What it means is, learning to control your stress levels, prior to going into hospital, will reduce the risks, boost your immune system, strengthen your resolve, your attitude and outlook. It will enable your body to get on with the job of healing itself. A job for which it was designed beautifully to do.
|CD Price: £12.00 inc. P&P
||MP3 Price: £10.00 with INSTANT DOWNLOAD!
How to Order Your CD Online or Through the Post
The CD costs £12, postage paid, or the equivalent, worldwide. That's the price of 1 UK prescription + postage and a lot less than the cost of 1 therapy treatment at your local spa. Yet, you can use this technique as often as you need too.
Alternatively, send your UK cheque (made payable to "Philip Chave") or cash payment, to:
Mr P Chave, The Haven Healing Centre, Street End Lane, Blagdon, Bristol BS40 7TW.
If you do send cash, please wrap it up in a padded envelope in several layers of paper so that it is not viewable through the envelope. I will not be responsible for cash lost in the post, but it shouldn't be a problem if you take sensible precautions to conceal it.
Don't forget to include, the CD/DVD/MP3 title you are ordering and your return address. Thank You.
Testimonials - This CD/mp3 sells all over the world. Here's What People Have Said
- Hi Phil, I just wanted to write and say a big THANK YOU for helping my mum. My sister bought your CD about operations and surgery as my mum was going into hospital for breast surgery and chemotherapy. Mum is well on the mend and she has said many times 'that man on the radio helped me'. Of course, she's talking about your CD. I can't thank you enough and I wish you every success with it. Best wishes, Becky Neely. Becky Neely - Nottingham, England, UK
- Note from Phil: Thank you, Becky, I'm really glad your mum found it useful.
- Hi Phil, Just thought I'd let you know that the CD helped a lot - even used it on day of op and entered into it feeling very calm and confident. 7 weeks on now and I'm doing very well
Love, Julia (Julia H. lives in the UK)
- Dear Phil, you have such a calming, natural voice for this work and I found myself transported to heaven everytime I heard your pre-operation CD. My knee operations went smoothly and I am making a full recovery. I walk everyday and am enjoying life again. I have no doubt your CD was the one thing that helped with my positive attitude. God bless, Vicky Hunter. Victoria Hunter - Swansea, Wales, UK
Please share this page with your friends. Thank you.
If you have any thoughts on this, please write to me at:
Philip Chave © 2008-
Note 1: Please Apply Caution: THIS CD CONTAINS A DEEPLY RELAXING MEDITATION ROUTINE. PLEASE DO NOT PLAY/LISTEN TO THIS CD WHILST DRIVING OR OPERATING MACHINERY, OR AT ANY OTHER TIME WHEN YOU NEED TO BE ALERT, OR PAYING ATTENTION, OR OTHERWISE OUTWARDLY FOCUSED. THANK YOU - Phil
Note 2: Whilst this CD has proved very effective for many people, you have to want what you wish to achieve with relaxation meditation, really, really want it. You have to be motivated and willing to work with it, not just pretending or hoping that this meditation CD will do it for you. If you are motivated and believe you can do it, you will do it!
The important thing is not to give up! Building up small, but measurable successes, helps the body to make permanent changes. I recommend persistent use of this CD. For optimum results please try to listen to your CD everyday for a minimum of 30 days. Try to be as consistent as possible in order that you might achieve your goals. - Phil
Note 3: Copyright Notice. All material produced by The Haven Healing Centre and the Distant Healer Home Therapist Series is protected by copyright law. You may make one backup copy of your CD or MP3 for your own personal use. You may not otherwise reproduce, distribute, publicly perform, publicly display, or create derivative works of this material, unless authorized by The Haven Healing Centre. Thank you for your understanding.
Keywords: operation fear, operation anxiety, operation worry, operation help, hospital fear, hospital anxiety, hospital worry, hospital help, surgery fear, surgery anxiety, surgery worry, surgery help, anaesthetic fear, anaesthetic anxiety, anaesthetic worry, local anaesthetic fear.